Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where I Come From

Hey everyone, my name is Alix Mashino. The place I call home is in north-central Nebraska, also known as God's Country.  While the land is great, the people here are even greater.  I am blessed to have been born the oldest of four daughters into a family with down-home values and a love for agriculture that runs deep.  As an agriculturist, I feel it is our duty to tell our own story to the best of our abilities.  We are each experts in what we do.  If we don't tell our story, others without as much knowledge will tell it for us.

Like I said before, I am the oldest of four daughters, born into a farming/ranching family.  I wouldn't trade this life I live for anything.  Every day, my family and I go to work for the best industry--Agriculture!  We background cattle during the fall, winter, and part of the spring months.  Calving season in the spring is also a busy time for us, as we have around 250 Black Angus cow/calf pairs.  We also raise corn, beans, oats, wheat and a little alfalfa.  Waking up early on the weekends to feed cattle, knowing that each of our bottle calves would eventually end up on someone's supper plate, spending more time in a John Deere tractor than anywhere else during the summers, and having scars from barbed wire while fencing in the heat of the day has made me and my sisters the farm girls we are today. Ones that can do anything just as well as a boy can, if not better, I might add! :)

Well, now you all know a little more about my background.  While I have so much more to say, I will save it for later posts.  Becuase this blogging thing is all new to me, I'll do my best to do it right, and would appreciate your comments.

Until next time, go out and AGvocate!

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Mashino,
    This is a great blog! I love how you're spreading the TRUTH about agriculture. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post. Keep up the good work & let me know if there's anything I can do! :)

    ReplyDelete