Thursday, February 23, 2012

The FFA Creed: Part 4

The FFA Creed
By: E.M. Tiffany

4th Paragraph
I believe in less dependence on begging and more power in bargaining, in the life abundant and enough honest wealth to help make it so--for others as well as myself; in less need for charity and more of it when needed; in being happy myself and playing square with those whose happiness depends upon me.

Photo Credit-Keeping It Real: Through the Lens of a Farm Girl

~*~"I believe in less dependence on begging and more power in bargaining, in the life abundant and enough honest wealth to help make it so--for others as well as myself;": Growing up in a rural community, I have learned the value of a dollar.  We all have times in our life where we run into financial hardships, but it's how we deal with these hardships that really tells what kind of person we are.  One can take the easy way out, begging for the help of others, but there is another option.  This option entails working for what you want, compromising with others to satisfy your needs.  Yes, millions of dollars may make life easier, but I would rather earn what I have by working hard.  The satisfaction of knowing that I have earned everything I possess is worth more than any amount of money!

~*~ "in less need for charity and more of it when needed;": Being completely honest, this line of the creed is probably the most difficult for me to blog about because I don't know if I fully understand it myself, but here's what I take it to mean...because life isn't perfect, charity is needed.  Some situations call for more charity than others.  (Yeah, I know...short, sweet, to the point. Haha)

~*~"in being happy myself and playing square with those whose happiness depends upon me.": The only way to be truly satisfied in life is to be comfortable living in your own skin.  Being involved in many group settings through different activities (especially FFA), I've experienced first hand that your attitude not only affects the way you act around people, but it also affects the way people around you act.  Being honest, compassionate, and respectful are a few ways to "play square" with others.  The Golden Rule pretty much sums up this part of the creed: "Do unto others as you would have them to unto you." 





2 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favorite paragraph of the creed. ESPECIALLY the one "less NEED of charity and more of it WHEN needed". Seems like a contrary statement at first. But when you look further E.M. Tiffany meant he wanted less people to be in want but that we should help those truly in want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely thank u for shariing.

    ReplyDelete